Internal Control Guide
Resources to design, implement, and operate an effective internal control system.
Office of Internal Audit
Our Mission & Core Principles
To enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. The core principles that guide our internal audit function toward this mission include:
- Demonstrating integrity.
- Demonstrating competence and due professional care.
- Being objective and independent.
- Aligning with management's strategies, objectives, and risks.
- Being appropriately positioned and adequately resourced.
- Demonstrating quality and continuous improvement.
- Communicating effectively.
- Providing risk-based assurance.
- Being insightful, proactive, and future-focused.
- Promoting organizational improvement.
Mike Sprague, Acting Chief Office of Internal Audit